I’ve been using sage for years, but never in my food. I can honestly say that I’ve been missing out on it! All these years I’ve been using it for smudging my house, and not once did I think of cooking with it. Turns out that sage has more benefits than just cleaning the negative energy from your house.
Sage is also great for digestive problems, cold sores, high cholesterol, diabetes, depression, memory loss and overproduction of perspiration & saliva. Women can also use sage for painful menstrual periods an to correct excessive milk flow during nursing. Click here to read more from Medscape.com.
Creamy Sage Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped sage
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut milk (can substitute w/almond)
- 1 cup pre-cooked spaghetti squash
- ½ cup frozen mushrooms or pre-cooked ones
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Warm oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute sage in oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut flour. Immediately add in coconut milk.
- Mix well and add in veggies. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Cook until veggies are hot. Add more water/milk as needed to keep from sticking to pan.
- You can sauté chopped onions and garlic as well. I tend to leave these out, because they don’t usually agree with my body.
- You may want to double the recipe if cooking for two or more people.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.