- 4-5 carrots
- 1 large beet or 2 small ones
- 1 kale stalk with leaves
- 1 apple
- 1/2 lemon
- Small slice of ginger
- Small slice of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper (to activate the turmeric)
- Juice all ingredients together.
- Add in black pepper.
- Drink right away or store in a sealed glass container for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
Fresh veggies from the farmers market
Omega Juicer – I’ve had this for over 6 years now and it still works like brand new.
Fresh juice from the Omega Juicer (before it’s mixed).
Same juice from the picture above, poured into a reused coconut oil jar. Black pepper added last.
- I reuse all of my old glass jars from my coconut oil and nut butters. They’re perfect for storing fresh juice in the fridge.
- To make it sweeter, add in more carrots, beets, or apples. If it’s still too strong tasting for you, try leaving out the kale until you’re taste buds are ready.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.