There is this vegan brownie I love from Farmers Table Express in Boca Raton, FL. I love it so much that I decided to try making my own version at home, by reverse engineering the ingredients. I switched up the ingredients a little bit, but my version came out pretty good! If you’re a local, definitely check out Farmers Table Express.
- 1 cup raw walnuts (pre-soaked 8+ hrs & rinsed)
- 10-12 Medjool dates (pre-soaked 4+ hrs)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Blend all brownie ingredients in food processor.
- Line a small plastic or glass container with wax paper.
- Pour mixture into container and set aside.
- Melt all icing ingredients into saucepan and mix.
- Pour icing over brownie mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Soak the walnuts & dates overnight.
- This is a gooey/fudgy brownie. Eat it with a fork.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.