- 3-4 raw Brussels sprouts peeled and washed
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup of raw sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of sprouted mung beans or sprouted legume mix
- ½ of avocado sliced into squares
- Salad dressing: My favorite for this is Honey Mustard or a spicy Aioli sauce.
- Chop the Brussels sprouts however you like. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Add in your favorite salad dressing.
Plant Protein: 27 grams
- Brussels Sprouts: 2 g
- Cranberries: 0 g
- Chickpeas: 6 g
- Pumpkin seeds: 9 g
- Sprouted Mung Beans: 10 g
- To cook dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans) soak them in water overnight, rinse, and then lightly boil on stove-top for 1.5 hrs. If you have extras, just store in the fridge. Usually lasts 5-7 days.
- You can use canned chickpeas instead.
- Find sprouted Mung Beans and sprouted Legumes in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. Whole foods always has them.
- Look for an avocado that dark brown and just slightly soft to touch. Don’t use a nice green one. The darker, the riper.