Craving something chocolaty and sweet, but don’t care for all the extra additives? Try out my Vegan “Reese’s Cup” recipe. Feel free to be creative and add in additional things like pre-soaked raw almonds, or pre-soaked raw pecans. Or if you’re looking for something to sweeten it up more, maybe add in some fresh berries or sliced bananas.
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 TBS Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- Optional- 1 TBS Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit sweetener.
- Optional- 1/4 cup Coconut flakes
- 8-10 Big cupcake liners or around 15 smaller ones
- Melt coconut oil and nut butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir together.
- Mix in maple syrup & monkfruit powder. Stir in cacao powder. Remove from heat.
- Optional- add in nuts/seeds, dried fruit or coconut flakes to the bottom of the cupcake liners.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners.
- Optional- sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are.