I found this recipe from Yummly.com and it’s REALLY good! If you’re avoiding dairy products, this would still be good without the cheese. This isn’t 100% Paleo, but for me it works.
- 8 large Gluten Free Tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory from The Fresh Market)
- 2 14.5 oz cans organic refried black beans (I found this at The Fresh Market)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp to 2 tsp cayenne pepper (I used 2 tsp)
- ½ cup Sliced black olives
- 1 small diced red onion
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup shredded Raw Cheddar Cheese (Fresh Market, Whole foods and Trader Joe’s sells this)
- Optional- Avocado cream (recipe below)
Avocado Cream Ingredients:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the black beans, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper over medium heat until smooth enough to spread.
- For a cheesy crust: Place one tortilla on your pizza pan and layer it with a little bit of cheese. Then place a second tortilla directly on top of it.
- Using a spatula, spread the bean mixture onto the tortillas.
- Top your pizza as you like with veggies, leaving the green onions for later.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cheese is lightly golden and crust and crispy.
- Before serving, dollop avocado cream over the pizzas to taste and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
Avocado Cream Directions:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.