It’s football season!!! And even though I’m not a fan of football, I still enjoy preparing & eating the delicious foods associated with it. One of my favorite appetizers to prepare is Sweet & Sour Meatballs. The sauce is most likely not compliant with Paleo, but sometimes you just have live. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ onion diced & sautéed
- 2-3 garlic cloves diced & sautéed
- 3 Tbsp fresh or dried parsley
- ½ Cup Almond Flour (or Amaranth Flour)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together. To avoid clumping, add the almond flour in last. Roll into balls.
- Place onto a baking dish. I used parchment paper, but it’s not necessary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Sweet & Sour Recipe (not Paleo, but it’s so good!):
- 1 ½ to 2 bottles of Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup Grape Jelly
- ¼ Cup Water
Sweet & Sour Directions
- Mix all ingredients together and cook over medium heat. Give it a taste check and see if you want more of a hot (chili) or sweet (grape jelly) taste to it.
- Add in pre-cooked meatballs.
- For parties- you can simmer this on low heat and serve as an appetizer. Or you can place it in a crockpot.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.