This recipe was inspired from One Green Planet. I don’t have an ice-cream maker and I also wanted to make a version that I could do with my Paleo diet. So I switched up a couple things, and it still turned out delicious! It tastes more like a pumpkin pie ice-cream, even though there is absolutely no pumpkin in it. This is a guilt free treat to enjoy! Check it out and let me know what you think.
- 1 medium cooked & peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup of cashews, presoaked for 4-8 hours (rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients in blender, until smooth.
- Place in freezer. Should be ready to eat in 3-4 hours.
- Set it out for 15-20 minutes, prior to serving.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.
- Can top with roasted pecans or walnuts.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.