Why did I wait so long to make this!? Fresh homemade almond milk is amazing! It’s a 100 x better than store bought and is very easy to make. Store bought almond milk tastes watered downed compared to homemade. Try this out and let me know what you think.
~*~ That’s my Cat Nola in the picture. You’ll see Nola and Fiona throughout my blog. They love to beg for treats. ~*~
You can find Organic Almonds at Trader Joe’s.
- 1.5 Cups of Raw Almonds (Pre-soaked x 8 hrs & rinsed)
- 3 Cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey (or other sweetener)
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Blend pre-soaked almonds with 3 cups of filtered water.
- Strain through cheesecloth.
- Place almond milk back into blender and blend in vanilla, honey, and salt.
- Store in fridge for 5-7 days.
- You can still make this without soaking the almonds. Soaking the almonds may have added benefits.
- For a sweeter taste, add in more honey or maple syrup (or any of your preferred sweeteners).
- Add this to your tea or coffee. Gives it a latte feel.
- You can find a Nut Milk Bag at Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, and Whole Foods
- You can save the almond meal & make almond flour!
I warmed the Almond Milk with honey and added it to my Chia Tea.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.