Reasons to eat beets:
- Very anti-inflammatory.
- Great liver detoxer.
- Prevents Anemia: it’s a great source of iron and vitamin C.
- Prevents Colon Cancer: the betacyanins found in beets, counteracts cancer cell growth.
- High Blood pressure: the nitrates found in beets naturally lower blood pressure.
- Digestive health: great source of fiber. Great for constipation.
- Weight loss: the fiber leaves you feeling full & flushes the colon out.
- Anti-aging: they’re very high in Vitamin C, folate, & antioxidants, which prevents premature aging.
Roasted Beets Recipe
- 3-4 beets
- 1 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons filtered water
- 1 t Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (broil).
- Grease a 4×4 glass-baking dish with coconut oil.
- Wash & slice beets. You don’t have to peel them if you don’t want to.
- Place beets in a glass-baking dish and add water.
- Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Season with salt & serve.
Before & After Pics:
- If you use Golden Beets, they may not need to cook as long.
- Set your timer to 30 minutes for Golden Beets.
- Beets are done when you’re able to stick a fork through them.
- You can cut the beets however you like. The thinner you slice them, the faster they’ll cook.
- Leaving the skin on, gives it a crispier taste. I prefer to cut off & discard the ends of the beets.
- Add Ginger for additional seasoning.
- Store leftovers in fridge for 5-6 days or store in freezer for 4-6 weeks.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.