Radishes are one of my newest food obsessions. They are great for detoxing the liver, and helps with weight management. They are loaded with vitamin C, folate, fiber, riboflavin, and potassium. If you haven’t tried parsnips, they’re delicious as well! They’re a member of the carrot family, but have a sweeter flavor. I love the smell of them baking in the oven. They too are loaded with vitamins and fiber and have many health benefits.
To read more about radishes, check out Dr. Mercola’s website.
To read more about parsnips, check out Dr. Axe’s website.
- 5-6 radishes
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 T water
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt & black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash and slice radishes & parsnip.
- Grease a 5×6-baking dish with coconut oil & place veggies in it.
- Add water & cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until fork easily goes through veggies.
- Bake in a glass dish. It’s 100% toxin free.
- You can the double recipe and bake in a larger dish.
- You don’t have to peel the veggies, unless you prefer it that way.
- If you like a crispier taste, remove the foil at the end of your baking time, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.