Have you ever wondered what’s in your makeup and how it may be affecting your health? Many people place focus on eating organic, NON-GMO foods, but what you put on your skin is just as important. Your skin is the biggest organ on your body and is capable of absorbing some of the products you put on it. This in turn can affect the health of your body.
How safe is your makeup?
You can easily find out how safe your makeup is by visiting the Environmental Working Group’s website or by downloading their app and scanning in the product. My goal is to look for products that have a rating of 3 or less. The lower the number, the safer the product is.
What do I look for?
I not only look for safe products to use, but also look for companies that do not do animal testing. If the company needs to do animal testing, that in of itself should be a red flag. Animal testing is not needed, when you’re using safe ingredients.
What do I use?
– I use coconut oil and occasionally use Shea Moisture Face Wash (EWG Rating of 3).
– I alternate between Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (EWG Rating of 3) and CBD Skin Serum (EWG Rating of 2).
– Preventing premature age lines is one of the most important things you can do for your face and neck. Click here for a list of my favorite sunscreens.
-I use Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Tinted Moisturizer (EWG Rating of 1) during the day and I use Taspen’s Face Cream (EWG rating unavailable) at night.
– I rarely use foundation, but I love Zuii’s Organic Liquid Foundation (EWG Rating unavailable). For my complexion, I use Natural Medium.
– I love Thrive Cosmetic’s Liquid Mascara (EWG Rating unavailable) and 100 Percent Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara (EWG Rating of 2).
– I use Thrive Cosmetic’s Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner (EWG rating unavailable).
– I use 100 Percent Pure (EWG rating 1-6) or ELF (EWG rating 3).
– I don’t usually wear lipstick, because I prefer to wear tinted SPF Chap Stick instead. My favorite one is by Juice Beauty (EWG Rating 1). If you’re looking for lipstick though, 100 Percent Pure (EWG rating 1-6) has a great selection.
Healthy skin starts within. What you consume directly correlates with how your skin looks. I focus on eating real food and eat mostly a plant-based diet. I also add Pink Himalayan Salt to my filtered water. I find that taking a B-complex vitamin and Algae pills help to hydrate my skin and keep it looking smooth. To help with digestion, I also take probiotics. To keep my inflammation in check I drink a Turmeric Shot every day.
Click here for smoothie recipes.
Click here for juicing recipes.
Click here for healthy snacks.