Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- One cup of raw cranberries
- One peeled & sliced grapefruit
- One banana
- ½ cup of Orange juice
- Blend all ingredients together. I use a Vitamix.
- Enjoy your raw nutrition!
- Can increase or decrease the amount of Orange Juice to balance out the tartness of the cranberries.
- You can use fresh oranges in replacement of the Orange Juice.
- Can sneak in a little fresh turmeric with black pepper for additional anti-inflammatory action. Works great for inflammatory pain and I promise, you won’t taste it in there! For more information on Turmeric, check out my blog “Turmeric + Black Pepper.”
- Can add in Zenwise Probiotics + enzymes for easier digestion. For more information about probiotics, check out my blog “Probiotics”.
Why add cranberries to your smoothies?
- They’re high in Vitamin C, dietary fiber, magnesium, manganese, Vitamin E, and copper!
- They are very anti-inflammatory.
- Prevention of urinary tract infections- studies are limited.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Helps balance out the good bacteria in the gut.
JUST EAT REAL FOOD – Stop focusing on calories & focus on what you’re eating and how it makes you feel. Your body is always giving you signals, but many times we ignore them. Pay attention if you develop nausea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, joint pain, rashes, sinus problems, or cold sores. If you develop any of these things after eating, it’s a good indicator that your body is giving you a clue to stop consuming something in your food. Many times these symptoms come from consuming chemicals, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Other times these symptoms can occur from a food allergy or sensitivity. Pay attention. Creating a food diary is a really great way to help you figure out what your triggers are. Food elimination diets are a great way to figure out what your triggers are.